Tiger and Temple is an exclusively crafted itinerary for those enthusiasts who would like to explore century-old temples, historical monuments, art and culture of the Kathmandu Valley and wish to see the illusive Royal Bengal Tigers freely roaming in the steaming forests of lowlands.
The tour begins with an exciting Everest Mountain flight and guided sightseeing tour to explore the best of Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur. Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur are highly rich cities in art, culture, craftsmanship and historical monuments. The tour ends with a tiger exploration activities in Bardia National Park. Bardia National Park is famous for Royal Bengal Tigers, wild Asian elephants and freshwater Gangetic Dolphins.
Tiger and Temple Tour
- Exciting Mount Everest Mountain Flight
- World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur
- Tiger, elephants and rhinos of Bardia National park
Dates & Prices
Dates: Although this trip is currently unscheduled, contact us about organizing this destination for you or your group. The best months are between [May] and [September].
Prices: Contact us with your group size and needs and we’ll work out the best possible price for you.
The cost includes:
- All ground transfers including airport pickup and drops
- 3-4 Star hotels in Kathmandu on b/b basis
- Wildlife resort in Bardia National Park with all meals
- Exciting Everest mountain flight
- All guided sightseeing with applicable entry fees
- Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu flight fares
- All national park entry fees
- Service of local city guide and tiger expert
- All government taxes
The cost does not include:
- International flight fares from/to your home country
- Travel insurance
- Nepal visa fee
- Lunch and dinners in Kathmandu
- Extra night hotels in the event of early arrival and late departure
- Pure personal nature expenses, e. g. bar bills, laundry bills etc
- Guide and driver tips
- Any other costs not specified in the cost includes section, but may incur due to unforeseen circumstances
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
One of the Karnali’s representatives will meet at the airport and arrange immediate transfer to hotel. He will deliver a detailed briefing on immediate and further arrangements. Overnight in a 3-4 Starhotel on b/b basis.
- Day 02: Everest Mountain Flight and guided sightseeing
You will start your day with an amazing Everest Mountain Flight, which offers ample opportunity to see the highest mountains of the world. The mountain views are awesome and mesmerizing. After mountain flight, you will return to hotel for the breakfast and then you will be taken out to explore Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa and Kathmandu Durbar Squares. Overnight in a 3-4 Starhotel on b/b basis.
- Day 03: Explore Patan and Bhaktapur
Patan is also known as the city of fine art and Bhaktapur is called the city of devotees. As names suggest, Patan is famous for metal and wood craftsmanship whereas Bhaktapur is well known for its century old temples, monuments and statues. You will explore major attractions of Patan and Bhaktapur today. Overnight in a 3-4 Starhotel on b/b basis.
- Day 04: Fly to Nepalgunj and drive to Bardia National Park
You will fly to Nepalgunj by the earliest flight and drive to Bardia National Park. After having lunch, you will enter inside the park to look for Royal Bengal Tiger, other wildlife and birds. Overnight in a wildlife resort on full board basis.
- Days 05-07: Tiger search in Bardia National Park
Local tiger experts will take you to the various potential places where tigers and other wild animals freely roam. By exploring potential habitats you will create ample opportunities to find illusive Royal Bengal Tigers, colossal wild Asian Elephants, prehistoric Greater One-horned Rhinoceros and the Great Slaty Woodpeckers. There is also a great chance of seeing fresh water Gangetic Dolphins in the Karnali River.
- Day 08: Drive to Nepalgunj and fly to Kathmandu, trip concludes
After having breakfast, you will drive to the Nepalgunj Airport for the flight to Kathmandu.
Do you wish to extend your trip to include more time, additional destinations, or both? Let us know and we’ll help you plan it out.
(These trips can also be extended or modified to fit your schedule.)
To view our Trip Extension options, please take a quick look at our Trip Extensions menu.