All our tours visit the main tourist destinations in central Tibet- Lao Tingri, Lhatse, Shigatse, Gyantse, Lake Yamdruk Tso, and eventually reach Lhasa. Before ending the tour in Lhasa, we organize a two-day guided sightseeing tour around Lhasa.
Due to the strict traveling rules imposed by the Chinese government, travelers are not allowed to make any independent activity / tour inside Tibet. So, once you complete the package tour, you are not allowed to remain in Lhasa or in Tibet independently.
Tibet Overland Tour
- World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu Valley
- Mount Everest Basecamp (Tibet side)
- The holiest city Lhasa, Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple
- Magnificent views of high mountains of Nepal and Tibet
- True Tibetan culture and lifestyle
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel
- Day 02: Explore Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu Durbar Square and Boudhanath Stupa
- Day 03: Drive to Nyalam (3700m)
- Day 04: A day in Nyalam to acclimatize
- Day 05: Drive to New Tingri (3900m)
- Day 06: Drive to Everest Basecamp and explore around (5200m)
- Day 07: Drive to Shigatse and explore Tashilhunpo Monastery
- Day 08: Drive to Lhasa via Gyantse
- Day 09: Explore Potala Palace and Sera Monastery
- Day 10: Explore Norbulinkha Palace and Jokhang Temple
- Day 11: Drive to Tsedang via Samye
- Day 12: Drive to Gonggar Airport and fly to Kathmandu
Return to Kathmandu
- Day 13: A reserve day in Kathmandu
- Day 14: Final Departure
Do you wish to extend your trip to include more time, additional destinations, or both? Let us know and we’ll help you plan it out.
(These trips can also be extended or modified to fit your schedule.)
To view our Trip Extension options, please take a quick look at our Trip Extensions menu.