On this tour, we will explore the major monasteries and sacred sites under the guidance of our experts with overland drives across spectacular mountain ranges. In Lhasa you will wander your way up through the Potala, and the holy landmark of the city. We join the shuffling, murmuring pilgrims around the shrines of the Jokhang, the spiritual heart of Tibet. Let yourself be swept around the Barkor, Lhasa’s fascinating medieval pilgrim circuit and enjoy Tibetan tea in Ani Sangkhung Nunnery tea house; the most beautiful nunnery of Tibet.
Away from the many Tibetan pilgrims you will gaze into the turquoise waters of Yamdruk Tso Lake, the coiling scorpion-shaped lake and have an experience of Tibetan traditional culture and daily life.
At Gyantse we visit Kumbum, the most stunning architectural wonder in Tibet. Following this will be a short hike to Gyantse Dzong, to witness the sunset and enjoying the amazing view of the ancient town of Gyangtse. Furthermore, you will visit Tashi Lhunpo Monastery, the throne of Panchen Lama, Everest Base Camp and highly revered Rongbuk Monastery.
What’s included: All ground transports in Kathmandu and Tibet, hotel accommodations in Tibet, all guided sightseeing in Tibet with applicable entry fees, Kathmandu-Lhasa-Kathmandu flight fares, Tibet visa fee, service of experienced and knowledgeable Tibetan tour guide and government taxes
What’s not included: International flights from/to your home country, Nepalese visa fee, hotels in Kathmandu, travel/medical insurance, lunch and dinners in Tibet, pure personal nature expenses, e. g. bar bills (bottled and canned drinks), laundry, telephone bills etc and guide and driver tips.
This trip can be extended or modified to fit your schedule. Just let us know what works best for you!
Tibet Nature and Culture Tour
- Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple of Lhasa
- Mount Everest Basecamp
- True Tibetan culture and lifestyle
- Day 01: Fly to Gonggar Airport and drive to Tsedang (3,100m)
- Day 02: Drive to Samye and onto Lhasa (3,700m)
- Day 03: Explore Potala Palace and Sera Monastery
- Day 04: Visit Jokhang Temple and Norbulingka Palace
- Day 05: Drive to Gyantse (3,800m) via Yamdruk Tso Lake
- Day 06: Drive to Rongbuk Monastery (5,100m)
- Day 07: Explore Everest Base Camp and drive to Shigatse (3,900m)
- Day 08: Visit Tashi Lhunpo Monastery and drive to Lhasa
- Day 09: Drive to Gonggar Airport and fly to Kathmandu
Do you wish to extend your trip to include more time, additional destinations, or both? Let us know and we’ll help you plan it out.
(These trips can also be extended or modified to fit your schedule.)
To view our Trip Extension options, please take a quick look at our Trip Extensions menu.