Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is a famous for aquatic and grassland birds. Other than birds, rare wild animals like wild water buffalos, fresh water Gangetic dolphins, and fishing and jungle cats. It is located in the far eastern lowland of Nepal.
Bengal Floricans, Indian Coursers, Great Thick-knee, Swamp and Grey Francolins, Imperial Eagle (only during winter), Pied Harriers, Lesser Kestrels, Nepal Rufous-vented Prinias, Ashy Prinias, Paddyfield Warblers, Siberian Rubythroats, Striated Grassbirds, Short-toed Snake Eagle, Red-necked Falcons, Brown Fish Owls, Brown Hawk Owls and Indian Scops Owls and Pheasant-tailed Jacana are local specialties of Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve.
It takes 12 hours by surface and 45 minutes by flight to reach Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve.
This trip can be extended or modified to fit your schedule. Just let us know what works best for you!
Birdwatching in Koshi Tappu
- Endangered and globally threatened species of birds
- Locally specialized birds found nowhere else in Nepal
- Endangered species of mammals like fresh water Giangetic dolphins and wild water buffaloes
Dates & Prices
Dates: Although this trip is currently unscheduled, contact us about organizing this destination for you or your group. The best months are between October and March.
Prices: Contact us with your group size and needs and we’ll work out the best possible price for you.
- Day 01: Fly to Biratnagar Airport and transfer to resort
- Day 02: Birdwatching and mammals watching activities
- Day 03: Birdwatching and mammals watching activities
- Day 04: Morning birdwatching, which is followed by breakfast and departure for return journey
Do you wish to extend your trip to include more time, additional destinations, or both? Let us know and we’ll help you plan it out.
(These trips can also be extended or modified to fit your schedule.)
To view our Trip Extension options, please take a quick look at our Trip Extensions menu.