Bhutan is a Himalayan country of unmatched natural scenery and is home of the mythical thunder dragon. We arrive to Paro on a flight from Kathmandu that passes over some of the most incredible mountain views in the Himalyan region, and land into this magical high Himalayan realm surrounded by snow-clad mountains, highly revered and active Tibetan Buddhist monasteries, and historical dzongs. Its natural grandeur also includes picturesque terraced fields and valleys of wild flowers that has attracted countless visitors from all over the world.
We have carefully crafted this 15-day Bhutan Tour so you have the ultimate opportunity to experience everything that Bhutan has to offer. The tour combines guided explorations to historical and cultural sites of Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Wangdue Phodrang, Trongsa, Bumthang and Phobjikha.
The Best of Bhutan Tour
- World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu
- Unique Bhutanese history, culture and lifestyle
- Magnificent views of the snow-capped Himalaya peaks
Dates & Prices
- Day 01: Arrive to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel
- Day 02: Explore the best of Kathmandu
- Day 03: Explore Patan and Bhaktapur
- Day 04: Fly to Paro, Bhutan and visit Drugyal Dzong, Rinpung Dzong, and Ta Dzong-the National Museum
- Day 05: Excursion to Tiger’s Nest Cave Monastery built on a rocky cliff near Paro
- Day 06: Drive to Thimpu, visiting Memorial Chhorten, Tashichho Dzong, Painting School and the National Library
- Day 07: Drive to Punakha, and visit Punakha Dzong
- Day 08: Drive to Bumthang via Wangdi-Thongsa
- Day 09: A full day sightseeing in Bumthang
- Day 10: We visit Ura Temple and Membartso Lake
- Day 11: Drive to Thongsa
- Day 12: Drive to Paro
Return to Kathmandu
- Day 13: Fly to Kathmandu, and transfer to your hotel
- Day 14: A day for shopping and optional tours
- Day 15: Final Departure
Do you wish to extend your trip to include more time, additional destinations, or both? Let us know and we’ll help you plan it out.
(These trips can also be extended or modified to fit your schedule.)
To view our Trip Extension options, please take a quick look at our Trip Extensions menu.